California Ultimate Association is proud to be hosting this year’s USA Ultimate Southwest Club Regional Championships in Norco, CA at the beautiful SilverLakes Sports Complex.
Working with SilverLakes and the Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau is a huge win for the greater ultimate community. SilverLakes is not only a fantastic field site with ample room for larger events in the future, but it also provides the best spectator amenities of any CUA field site to date with a restaurant and bar onsite.
Bid Fee & Discount
- The bid fee will be $50/player.
- We know this is on the expensive end of tourney fees, but rest assured we are trying to keep costs down. Running events in Southern California on beautiful grass fields is not only expensive, but it takes a lot of time to plan and organize. If somebody on your team needs financial assistance, please consider fundraising throughout your season, consulting your local org for any available grants, and also contacting CUA if there are still financial barriers.
- Injured players (declared by Wednesday, September 18th) attending the event will only be invoiced at $5/each.
- CUA will give a $5 discount/player for teams that book 4 or more rooms through Traveling Teams, our preferred hotel partner, by Wednesday, August 21st. We will give an additional $5 discount/player to teams that meet this requirement and are based outside of California.
- An invoice will be sent via PayPal to team admins on Thursday, September 19th and MUST BE PAID before stepping on the SilverLakes fields. If you prefer paying via check that is acceptable, please make it payable to: California Ultimate Association.
SilverLakes and Ontario are partnered with Traveling Teams to provide you a convenient system for booking great hotel deals. Not only that, but by booking through Traveling Teams, Ontario’s CVB has been more than generous in helping us arrange shuttles not only between the Ontario Airport (ONT) and your hotel, but also between your hotel and the field site. So say goodbye to rental cars and fly into ONT! We’ll have shuttle buses that leave about every 15 minutes starting at 6:30am until 7:15am; a more detailed schedule will be posted when we know the full schedule for Saturday. All hotels are within 16 minutes of the fields.
Curious about why it benefits the Southwest Region to stay at our preferred hotels? Read more by clicking here.
Getting to SilverLakes
Ontario Airport is less than 20 minutes from the field site. Other LA area airports are options too with various driving times depending on the landing time and your hotel location (these are based on Ontario based hotels around 8:30pm):
- ONT – 6-10 minutes
- LAX – 60-90 minutes
- LGB – 50-75 minutes
- SNA – 45-60 minutes
- Games on Saturday will start early. This is good for heat reasons; it’s also good for introducing the 10,000 high school cross-country athletes who run at 4:30pm (around our fields) to our sport!
- It will likely be hot; please hydrate in the days leading up to the event in addition to day-of.
- Saturday players are encouraged to hang after the games at the restaurant and bar onsite.
- We won’t be providing any food onsite as there is a restaurant / snack-bar onsite; and players are more aware of what their bodies need.
We look forward to hosting you, and so does the greater Ontario area. Here are the vital links to get you started on your Regionals journey: