California Ultimate Association is proud to have hosted this year’s USA Ultimate Southwest Club Regional Championships in Norco, CA at SilverLakes.
Working with SilverLakes and the Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau is a huge win for the greater ultimate community. SilverLakes is not only a fantastic field site with ample room for larger events in the future, but it also provides the best spectator amenities of any CUA field site to date with a restaurant and bar onsite.
RESULTS & SCHEDULES
Congrats to the following teams in bold which will be advancing to the 2019 USA Ultimate Club National Championships on October 24-27 at Surf Cup Sports Park in Del Mar, CA!
8. Green River Swordfish
MEN’S SPIRIT SCORES
|Green River Swordfish||2||2||2||2||2||10|
2. Polar Bears
9. BW Ultimate
10. American BBQ
13. California Burrito
14. Instant Karma
MIXED SPIRIT SCORES
Team Rules Fouls Fair Attitude Communication Total
Averages 2.17 2.16 2.25 2.32 2.28 11.18
Cutthroat 2.71 2.71 2.86 2.71 2.71 13.71
BW Ultimate 2.67 2.67 2.67 3 2.67 13.67
Firefly 2.67 2.5 2.83 2.83 2.83 13.67
Polar Bears 2.6 2.2 2.6 2.6 2.8 12.8
Mischief 2.25 2.5 2.5 2.75 2.5 12.5
Lotus 2.25 2.25 2.25 2.5 2.25 11.5
Platypi 2.25 2.25 2.25 2.25 2.25 11.25
Instant Karma 2.2 2.2 2.2 2.2 2.4 11.2
Donuts 2 2.4 2 2.4 2.2 11
Alchemy 2.2 2 2.2 2.2 2 10.6
Classy 2 2 2 2 2.33 10.33
California Burrito 2 2 2 2.25 2 10.25
Blackbird 2 2 2 2 2 10
Pivot 1.67 1.67 1.83 1.67 2.17 9
Rubix 1.6 1.4 1.8 2.2 1.8 8.8
American Barbeque 1.6 1.8 2 1.6 1.6 8.6
WOMXN’S SPIRIT SCORES
Team Rules Fouls Fair Attitude Communication Total
Averages 2.28 2.22 2.33 2.37 2.4 11.6
Viva 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.67 2.67 12.83
LOL 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 12.5
Venom 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 12.5
Nightlock 2.4 2.4 2.4 2.4 2.4 12
Wildfire 2.4 2.2 2.6 2 2.6 11.8
Ultraviolet 2 2.33 2.33 2.33 2.33 11.33
Rampage 2 2 2.17 2.5 2.5 11.17
Fury 2.25 2.25 2 2.25 2.25 11
FAB 2.25 1.5 2.25 2.25 2.25 10.5
Tempo 2 2 2 2.33 2 10.33
Bid Fee & Discount
- The bid fee will be $50/player.
- We know this is on the expensive end of tourney fees, but rest assured we are trying to keep costs down. Running events in Southern California on beautiful grass fields is not only expensive, but it takes a lot of time to plan and organize. If somebody on your team needs financial assistance, please consider fundraising throughout your season, consulting your local org for any available grants, and also contacting CUA if there are still financial barriers.
- Injured players (declared by Wednesday, September 18th) attending the event will only be invoiced at $5/each.
- Please email the names of any injured (attending) players and any players who won’t be attending Regionals to email@example.com by Wednesday, September 18th @ 11:59 PM.
- CUA will give a $5 discount/player for teams that book 4 or more rooms for two nights through Traveling Teams, our preferred hotel partner. This offer expires on Monday, September 9th. We will give an additional $5 discount/player to teams that meet this requirement and are based outside of California.
- An invoice will be sent via PayPal to team admins on Thursday, September 19th and MUST BE PAID before stepping on the SilverLakes fields. If you prefer paying via check that is acceptable, please make it payable to: California Ultimate Association.
SilverLakes and Ontario are partnered with Traveling Teams to provide you a convenient system for booking great hotel deals. Not only that, but by booking through Traveling Teams, Ontario’s CVB has been more than generous in helping us arrange shuttles not only between the Ontario Airport (ONT) and your hotel, but also between your hotel and the field site. So say goodbye to rental cars and fly into ONT! We’ll have shuttle buses that leave about every 15 minutes starting at 6:30am until 7:15am; a more detailed schedule will be posted when we know the full schedule for Saturday. All hotels are within 16 minutes of the fields.
- If you’re unsure if your team will make it to Regionals, go ahead and book your rooms now anyway; you can cancel up until Monday, September 16th.
Getting to SilverLakes
Ontario Airport is less than 20 minutes from the field site. Other LA area airports are options too with various driving times depending on the landing time and your hotel location (these are based on Ontario based hotels around 8:30pm):
- ONT – 6-10 minutes
- LAX – 60-90 minutes
- LGB – 50-75 minutes
- SNA – 45-60 minutes
- Games on Saturday will start early. This is good for heat reasons; it’s also good for introducing the 15,000 high school cross-country athletes who run at 4:00pm (around our fields) to our sport!
- Men’s & Womxn’s teams will likely play their last Saturday round on synthetic turf; please pack all of your preferred footware with this expectation.
- All fields will have player lines and equipment lines; please respect them.
- There will be at least 6 observers working games on both days; we will tell you how to request them the Monday before the event.
- We will have three athletic trainers on site starting 90 minutes before games begin each day.
- It will likely be hot.
- We will provide two 10′ x 14′ sun canopies per field plus a few extra around water stations.
- Please hydrate in the days leading up to the event in addition to day-of.
- We invested in a Wet-Bulb Thermometer which we will be using to monitor heat stress. We will be using USA Ultimate’s recommended guidelines – as needed – for altering play (mandatory heat timeouts, extra time between points, reduced round times, etc). Please click HERE to see the guidelines.
- Saturday, players are encouraged to hang after the games at the restaurant and bar onsite.
- CUA won’t be providing any complimentary food onsite as there is a restaurant & concession stand onsite which prohibits us from doing so.
- While CUA isn’t in charge of the choosing formats or creating the final divisions schedules, we expect your Regional Coordinators will have those available by the Wednesday before the event.
- There will be some photo and video coverage of this event. When we finalize arrangements with our partners, we will provide you with more details.
We look forward to hosting you, and so does the greater Ontario area. If you have any further questions please contact the event organizer and tournament director by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are the vital links to get you started on your Regionals journey: