I am excited to announce that California Ultimate (the new State Based Organization of USAU) will be hosting this year’s Southwest Regionals at Surf Cup Sports Park in Del Mar, CA. These are the same polo fields Nationals will be held at in 2018 & 2019, and we worked hard to secure them because we feel like our members deserve the best. Here are a few more reasons to get excited about this year’s Southwest Club Regionals:
- Amazing polo fields in beautiful Del Mar, CA (outside of San Diego)
- Temperatures under 90!
- Southwest Regionals teams will have a “home court advantage” should they qualify for Nationals in 2018 or 2019
- An amazing TD who has hosted several large and successful ultimate events
- A new and energetic California Ultimate Board planning a wonderful event to support its members
- All 3 divisions in one spot so you can support your other local teams
The next few years are vital for ultimate in CA as we all move toward the Olympic Games in Los Angeles in 2028. Thanks to everyone who helped scout and/or contact field sites; together we are moving ultimate forward. Again, we look forward to seeing you at Regionals, September 23-24, 2017!
This is one of the first “stay to play” ultimate events in California; which means by booking hotels through the Regionals website, you are actually helping support California Ultimate AND helping ultimate’s reputation by demonstrating our support of local businesses. Read more about what “stay to play” means here.