California Ultimate Association is proud to be hosting this year’s USA Ultimate SoCal Club Sectional Championships in Norco, CA at the beautiful SilverLakes Sports Complex.
Working with SilverLakes and the Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau is a huge win for the greater ultimate community. SilverLakes is not only a fantastic field site with ample room for larger events in the future, but it also provides the best spectator amenities of any CUA field site to date with a restaurant and bar onsite.
Bid Fee & Discount
- The bid fee will be $37/player.
- We know this is on the expensive end of tourney fees, but rest assured we are trying to keep costs down. Running events in Southern California on beautiful grass fields is not only expensive, but it takes a lot of time to plan and organize. If somebody on your team needs financial assistance, please consider fundraising throughout your season, consulting your local org for any available grants, and also contacting CUA if there are still financial barriers.
- Injured players (declared by Wednesday, September 4th) attending the event will only be invoiced at $5/each.
- CUA will give a $5 discount/player for teams that book 4 or more rooms through Traveling Teams, our preferred hotel partner, by Wednesday, August 21st.
- An invoice will be sent via PayPal to team admins on Thursday, September 5th and MUST BE PAID before stepping on the SilverLakes fields. If you prefer paying via check that is acceptable, please make it payable to: California Ultimate Association.
SilverLakes and Ontario are partnered with Traveling Teams to provide you a convenient system for booking great hotel deals. All hotels are within 16 minutes of the fields.
Curious about why it benefits the Southwest Region to stay at our preferred hotels? Read more by clicking here.
Getting to SilverLakes
Ontario Airport is less than 20 minutes from the field site. Other LA area airports are options too with various driving times depending on the landing time and your hotel location (these are based on Ontario based hotels around 8:30pm):
- ONT – 6-10 minutes
- LAX – 60-90 minutes
- LGB – 50-75 minutes
- SNA – 45-60 minutes
- There will be two trainers on site 90 minutes before the first game.
- Games on Saturday will start early to take advantage of cooler temperatures.
- It will likely be hot; please hydrate in the days leading up to the event in addition to day-of.
- Saturday players are encouraged to hang after the games at the restaurant and bar onsite…we’ll put something fun to watch on the many TV screens.
- We won’t be providing any food onsite as there is a restaurant / snack-bar onsite; and players are more aware of what their bodies need.
- We will be providing some prizes for 1st place, last-bid, and second-to-last in each division so be sure to check in with the TD after those games!
We look forward to hosting you, and so does the greater Ontario area. Here are the vital links to get you started on your Sectionals journey: